- Minister Stockwell Day has asked for an inquiry into the role of the RCMP.
- A public inquiry into the use of tasers has been launched.
- The BC coroner's office has launched an inquest into the affair.
- Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP has launched an investigation.
- The RCMP is doing an internal review on the use of tasers.
- B.C.'s Integrated Homicide Investigation Team is doing an investigation into this tragedy into what actually transpired from the moment Robert landed in Canada.
There are pending questions into why Robert Dziekanski received no attention or guidance for a period of ten hours from when he was cleared by Immigration. Here's a list of actions that still need to happen.
- We need the Vancouver airport authority to be held accountable for the lapses.
- We need a review of the immigration processes at all points of entry to the country, understand where the hand-off between immigration and the airport authority takes place and who is accountable for what activity. This will identify the gaps in the system as they exist.
There is work to be done and we have to keep reminding the MPs that this is important to Canada and Canadians.